The West African Examination Council (WAEC) on Friday, released results of candidates that sat for the 2019 West African Senior School Certificate Examination in Nigeria.
The Examination body withheld the results of 9,457 candidates.
WAEC’s Head of National Office in Nigeria, Olu Adenipekun, announced the release of the results on Friday at a media conference in Lagos.
According to him, a total of 94, 884 candidates sat the examination, out of which, 33, 304 (representing 35.10%) obtained credits and above in at least five mandatory subjects, including English Language and Mathematics. 35. 64% of the total candidates who sat for the same exam last year had a similar result, indicating a slight fall.
How to Check WAEC GCE Result
How to Check WAEC GCE Result Online
- Visit the WAEC result checking portal at www.waecdirect.org.
- Enter your 10-digit WAEC Examination Number. (This is your 7-Digit centre number followed by your 3-digit candidate number eg. 4123456789)
- Enter the 4 digits of your Examination Year eg. 2018
- Select the Type of Examination i.e. PRIVATE CANDIDATE RESULT
- Enter the Card Serial Number found on the reverse side of your Scratch card.
- Enter the Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your Scratch card
- Click Submit and wait for the results window to come up
How to Check WAEC GCE Result via SMS
In case you want to check your 2019 WAEC GCE result via sms, use the short code format below:
WAEC*ExamNo*PIN*ExamYear To short-code 32327 (MTN, Airtel & Glo subscribers)
For example -: WAEC*4250101001*123456789012*2013
Note: Ensure you adhere strictly to the format above. There should be no space in the message.
Wait for your result to be delivered to your phone via SMS. (SMS Cost N30 Only).
Hint: you can only use your result checker 5 times, so be wise!
Best of luck!